Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ganpathi there ghar aathe hain ?


When Ganeshji came to my home, not only did I worship him, but somewhere in between I fell in love with the Ganesh idol. He stayed with me for 5 full days and he gave me company when all the children had gone to school, it was like having a son.

I always wanted to have another son, but only after seeing my twin girls being so close to each other. I wanted the same for Tejas but was met with ice cold stares from Shiv. And yet, here he was, albeit for 5 days, my second son, or in fact my older son who would keep company for my little Tejas.

I loved him, we enjoyed his beauty by adorning him fine jewelery and clothes, feeding him delicious modaks and sweets, filling the home with fragrance and flower arrangements. I dedicated myself to him reading his favourite poems and hymns, and he was becoming so much a part of this household I couldn't bear to part with him on Visarjan day. But like all good things have to come to an end, for my son himself to teach me a valuable lesson that life is but ephemeral and you have to let go to let live and there we did, immerse him in the ocean and bought back a piece of clay of which he was made. A remnant reminder of my beloved son supporting the soil of my tulsi maadam.

I enjoyed being with him so much and only I have Mumbai to thank for.

Only In Mumbai.




                                         

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home