Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Only In Mumbai

Only in Mumbai can you find such lip smacking delicacies stacked on top of each other, yes you guessed it, due to space constraints.
Pictures taken from a very yummy food store in Khar West - Neelam Foodland.


I was shocked when this lad lifted my basket from my hand and said 'Mein pakadoonga, aap shop kijiye.' I was not at all sure what that meant. All I knew was that I wanted the basket back. With the basket in mind, I went in and picked a couple of namkeens. He asked me to drop them in the basket, Maggi packets, drop them in the basket, khatta-meeta, drop it in the basket, wafers of all kinds - drop it in the basket, kept following me, read out the innumerable items atthe counter and helped me pay my bill. I was still not sure what to do, should i take over the basket? but he asked for my car, put the contents in and waved me goodbye. I was shocked beyond belief as to what had happened. 


That was by far the most regal shopping experience I have had, not in HongKong and not in the USA. And a falling in love moment as well, with Mumbai. By now you guys must have figured out that Shiv did no such thing back in the States, come rolling the cart behind me, in true puppy dog fashion. (sniff sniff, fingers flicking tears). Nor did he get me a real puppy to do just that. Well what about the kids you ask and till date, only I have been running behind them, they are unleashed, wild and free as the day they were born.





Anyway, that is the kind of service you get at Neelam Foodlands. 
Not in all shops, but only in Neelam, only in Mumbai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home